Wednesday 12 October 2016

FINDING HAFSA CHAPTER 3





FINDING HAFSA CHAPTER 3
OCTOBER 12TH

 Read Previous Episodes HERE

Fate and careful planning had brought Muktar my way again. My seeing him at the interview was no surprise as I had known from a contact within the company that he would be on the interview panel.

Now for the next stage- making him fall in love with me (for real this time) then dumping him like he had done to me.

He would then have a taste of what I went through all those years ago.
From the way he was assessing me with his eyes when we met, it might not be too difficult to achieve that.

All I had to do was wait patiently, then pounce like a lioness on its prey...



His call came even earlier that I expected, the following day after we met.

"I planned calling you yesterday but there was so much going on at work so no time. Hafsa, I still can't believe it's you I met yesterday! I've been looking for you everywhere since my return to Nigeria! I even...," he said then added: "Only for you to walk into the office! It's like a dream! Look, we need to see and talk. Can I see you this Friday?" he asked earnestly.

What was he talking about? He had been looking for me? What for? After the way he treated me? Or had he forgotten, maybe with the passage of time? But I had not forgotten and I would remind him when the time came.

I did not want to make things easy for him so I declined his invitation citing other commitments.
 He sounded disappointed stating:

"I so looked forward to seeing you again!"
 Indeed you do, liar, I thought derisively.

He called regularly after that even wanting to visit me at home. But I refused to give him the address. It was all part of the game -playing hard to get.

Then two weeks later, I got an email from the company that my interview had been successful.
 That I had to appear at the office to pick up my appointment letter and take care of other formalities before resumption.

 I was glad I got the job, which was a well-paying one with all kinds of perks. I had bills to pay and other commitments including taking care of my son, Hashim. But I was also happy that it would give me a chance to carry out my vengeance on Muktar.

 I showed up at the company the very next day. I spent some time in HR filling some forms and other stuff.  
 I finally finished and was heading towards the lift when I ran into Muktar.

 "Hafsa! I didn't know you were around. Congrats. I see you got the job!" he said, smiling at me. 

  "Thanks, Muktar," I responded.
 "So, how have you been?" he asked. Then without waiting for a reply, he took my hand and stated:

 "Come, let me show you my office. It's on the seventh floor." 

 We entered the lift which was occupied by a few staff.
 "Here we are," he said, ushering me into his spacious office. 
 "Care for anything? Coffee, tea or a drink?" he asked.
 "No, I'm fine. And I need to go. I have an appointment somewhere and..." I began to say when he cut in.

 "You are going nowhere Hafsa till we talk! What's the matter? Since we met up again, you've been so cold to me. It's like you're even avoiding me. If anyone should be angry and offended, it's me. But I took everything in good faith and still tried to remain friends. So, I don't understand your attitude at all," he remonstrated with me.

 I gazed at him as if he was mad. What was he talking about?

 "Angry at me? What did I do to you?" I said sharply.

 "I know it happened long ago but have you forgotten the letter you..." he was saying when the door opened and a lady walked in. She was dressed in a short navy gown and very high heeled shoes that showed her long slim legs off perfectly.

 "Muktar darling, can we go for lunch now?" she said, going over to him. Then she saw me and said:

 "Oh, you have company!" 
 Muktar did the introductions.

 "Trisha, this is Hafsa, a friend."
 "Nice to meet you," she said, giving me a look-over with her heavily made up eyes with long fake eyelashes that looked like spider legs.
 I stared back at her unblinking, wondering what her relationship was with Muktar. 

 'None of my business anyway,' I thought.

 "Give me a few minutes, Trisha. There's something I need to sort out here, ok?" he said.

 "Alright. But don't keep me waiting, darling," she said, giving him a quick peck and holding him in a proprietary manner as if to say 'Hey, keep off, bitch. He's taken!'

 After she had left, Muktar sat down and stared at me for a moment.

 "So, what's with this attitude, Hafsa? If I remember clearly, you were the one who wrote me stating you were no longer interested in the relationship that you wanted to move on with your life. That I should forget about you and..."

 "Stop, Muktar! Just stop with all these lies! I never wrote such a letter!" I nearly screamed at him, too upset to care we were in an office environment. 
 Even now, after all these years, he was still lying, trying to deceive me, make a big fool of me like he did all those years ago...

 Muktar quickly came round and stood near me.
 "What did you just say? You didn't write, telling me you wanted to end our relationship?" he queried.

 "Actually, I wrote," I said in a quieter tone of voice. Then taking a deep breath, I stated: "But it was to inform you about the pregnancy. You're aware about that already so no point telling you again." 

 "I've to go," I said, getting up.

 "Wait! Hold on! Pregnancy? What pregnancy?"
To Be Continued 15th Oct Insha Allah...


 follow @Insidearewa on Twitter and Instagram or add 08066680993 0n whats-app for more updates

Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment